Exactest is currently seeking a QA Test Lead to join our leading Client on a permanent basis. Reporting to the QA Manager, our client has an exciting opportunity to join their team to deliver quality software for next generation software products.
You will have 5 years Software Testing in a fast paced start-up company with minimum of 2 years working as a QA Test Lead. This is an exciting and creative company to work for, with a global presence working in a niche technology platform sector.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Provide accurate test estimates for QA workload.
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Identify test features that should be automated.
- Work with project managers and leads to help define test requirements.
- Collaborate with an Agile Team to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Regular reporting to QA manager based on test progress.
- Lead test preparation and execution based on the test plan and according to industry best standards.
- Work collaboratively with the wider ENGAGE team during the design and delivery of testing activities.
- Reporting and monitoring test progress throughout the course of the releases.
- Identify any testing-related risks, issues and dependencies and managing escalations appropriately.
- Responsible for the day-to-day test execution and defect management using Jira
- Mentoring and coaching members of the test team.
- Deputise for the Test Manager as required.
You should possess the following skills and experience and be able to demonstrate/substantiate them at interview:
- Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices.
- Extensive API test experience.
- Experience with databases.
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- A minimum of 2 years’ test lead experience including software testing experience throughout all phases of the software delivery cycle.
- Experience estimating, prioritizing, planning, coordinating, and reporting on test activities.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across several different teams, projects, and locations.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage schedules, deliver to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – takes a consultative approach and can build relationships at all levels.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or similar.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new environments.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- A self-motivated individual looking to continue their quest for knowledge.
- Somebody with a keen interest in software quality and software testing.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Experience working with both bug tracking and test management tools.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and self-directed so can work autonomously.
- Remote working from home, occasional onsite Waterford City, Ireland
- €50k to €60k p/a DOE
- Permanent Full-Time
- Generous Holidays
- Interviewing Now
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please complete the form on the right including a cover note, your available start date together with your most recent CV.
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Ireland.
** Agency assistance is not required at this time.