Exactest is currently seeking a QA Test Automation Engineer to join our leading Client on a permanent basis. Reporting to the QA Manager, our client has an exciting opportunity to join their team to deliver quality software for next generation software products.
You will have minimum 5 years Software Test Automation experience in a fast paced start-up company. This is an exciting and creative tech company, with a global presence working in a niche technology platform sector.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Provide accurate estimates for workload.
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Design and develop automated API tests.
- Manually test features that cannot be automated.
- Work with project managers and/or technical leads to help define test requirements.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile Environment to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Implement automated API tests as per automation standards.
You should possess the following skills and experience and be able to demonstrate/substantiate them at interview:
- Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices, methodologies and processes.
- 2+ years API test experience.
- Experience testing Web APIs.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or similar.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new environments.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- A self-motivated individual always looking to continue their quest for knowledge.
- Somebody with a keen interest in software quality and software testing.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Technically capable – scripting will be required.
- Experience with Gherkin, Cypress, Git and Gatling.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Experience working with both bug tracking and test management tools.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and self-directed so can work autonomously, prioritizing work in accordance with leads direction.
- Remote working from home, occasional onsite Waterford City, Ireland
- €40k to €45k p/a DOE
- Permanent Full-Time
- Generous Holidays
- Interviewing Now
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please complete the form on the right including a cover note, your available start date together with your most recent CV.
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Ireland.
** Agency assistance is not required at this time.